Monday, February 14, 2011

Meal Plan Week #3

I am currently in an 8 week phase to gain strength, I started at 208lbs with the goal of reaching 220-225lbs (but strength is most important).  My cardio and ab work is lower during this phase, my workouts are shorter and the diet is not as strict (giving my body and mind a rest).

You'll notice that I eat similar foods everyday, I do this for two reasons:  I like the foods and it is simple.  The more simple your diet is (predictable) the more likely you'll stick to it, I am busy and don't have a million dollars to hire a personal chef and trainer or all day to contemplate my meals.  I eat on the go, I make my meals in the morning (sometimes the night before) pack them in my cooler and hi hoe hi hoe off to work I go.


Meal #1
3 egg whites
3 eggs
1tbsp Ketchup
1/2c Oatmeal
1c Blueberries (heat in microwave for 45 seconds then add to Oatmeal)
2500units of Vitamin D

Meal #2 (2 hours before workout)
1c Cottage Cheese
1c Pineapple
Multi-Vitamin (Animal Pak)

Pre-Workout
400mg Caffeine
1 scoop Protein Powder

During Workout
2tbsp Gatorade Powder 
5g Creatine
10g BCAAs

Post Workout
2 scoops Protein Powder

Meal #3
4oz Pasta
2tbsp BBQ
10oz Chicken
1c Broccoli
Mix all together

Meal #4
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4c Cheese
10oz Chicken
2c Spinach
2tbsp Salsa

Meal #5
1/2c Cottage Cheese
1 scoop Protein Powder

Bedtime
ZMA

Water (ensure it is filtered)
100oz per day (I drink 3 to 4 Nalgene Bottles)
Add 3tbsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar to one bottle a day

Add a couple cheat meals (not days) or snacks a week.  Tip like Oreo Cookies, try Back to Nature Classic Creme, no High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Break your Plateau!

JT

No comments:

Post a Comment