Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fresh Tofu Salsa Mex

photo taken after eating a couple

I know, I know TOFU??WTF?  This recipe is so freaking good, you won't even know it has tofu except I told you.  This will go great with Corona.  The salsa recipe is from the fire roasted tomato can, it was my genius to add black beans, tofu and put it all together in a corn tortilla.

Prep time 15min
Cook time 20 min

1can black beans (drain and rinse)
1can fire roasted tomatoes (drain)
1/2 red onion (more than the original recipe, I like them)
2tsp fresh garlic
1 jalapeno (seeded)
salt
cilantro (small handful, I like cilantro too)
1/2pkg (8oz) Firm Tofu
1/2c cheese
juice from 1 lime (or 2tbsp)
                                               corn tortillas

Chop up jalapeno, garlic, red onion, cilantro and tofu into small pieces then add all ingredients to a bowl and let sit for 3-4 hours (overnight is best).  Warmup tortillas in a pan, until firm (prevents from getting soggy) add mixture fold over and hold with a tooth pick.  Fill up the pan with rolled tortillas then add remaining mixture over the tortillas top with cheese.  350 degrees for 20 minutes, top with salsa and serve with a Corona and lime.

Watch video to see it in action, fyi I didn't edit my video and I'm not an actor and in the video I forgot to add the lime, it was added later

1 comment:

  1. I'll give this a try this weekend. My wife might divorce me if I make a Mexican dish with tofu though...haha.

    ReplyDelete